Are you concerned about the health of your teeth and gums? If so, it’s time to start taking steps to protect them now!
Good oral hygiene is essential for achieving healthy teeth and gums. But what are the best foods for your dental health? We’ve compiled a list of the top foods for healthy teeth and gums.
- Leafy Greens: Leafy greens are rich in calcium, which helps to strengthen teeth and promote gum health. Collard greens, spinach, kale, Swiss chard, cabbage and arugula are all excellent sources of calcium.
- Lean Protein: Lean protein such as fish and lean meats have been known to help promote healthy teeth and gums. These foods are high in iron, phosphorus, and magnesium which work together to build strong bones and keep your smile bright.
- Dairy Products: Dairy products like yogurt and cheese are great sources of calcium, protein and phosphorus. Calcium helps to build strong teeth, while protein repairs worn out enamel.
- Fruits and Vegetables: Fruits and vegetables are packed with vitamins and minerals that can help your teeth stay healthy. Apples, carrots, celery and pears are just a few of the fruits and vegetables that are beneficial to your dental health.
- Nuts: Eating a handful of nuts is a great way to get an extra boost of healthy fats, protein, and vitamins and minerals. Almonds, peanuts, walnuts and cashew all contain Vitamin E which helps to promote gum health.
- Water: Drinking plenty of water is one of the best things you can do for your teeth and gums. It helps to rinse away food particles and bacteria that can cause dental problems.
In addition to eating the right foods, it’s important to visit your dentist regularly for checkups and cleanings. Seeing a dentist on a regular basis can help to identify and prevent small problems before they become bigger issues. Dental professionals can also provide advice on the best way to care for your teeth and gums.
At Verber Family Dentistry, our team of experts are dedicated to helping you prevent tooth decay, maintain healthy gums and have a beautiful smile. From routine cleanings to cosmetic dentistry we can help you keep your teeth and gums healthy for many years to come. Our friendly staff is here to answer any questions you may have about dental services and how they can benefit your oral hygiene. Contact us today for more information about our dental services and how we can help you get the smile of your dreams. We look forward to hearing from you!